Airsoft Auckland

Poll

What was the better induction format?

Offline Chibt

• F.T.A TL,
« on: November 11, 2013, 12:42:46 PM »
Curious to know what people think. We have run 2 inductions under the new format so far.

Offline Fang

• Wolves Team 2IC
Re: What was the better induction format?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 02:28:52 PM »
IMHO new one is better as it is more dynamic

Offline Cyn

• FTA
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 03:45:44 AM »
I think the new format definitely encourages more interaction between new & experienced players and the day flows better. However as the new players are essentially being thrown in the deep end, I think it is important that those experienced players bringing new people along make sure that they have put the effort in to ensuring they fully understand the rules BEFORE attending and dont just rely on the DS brief to do this.

Offline Offcutter

• Bravo Gunner
  • 2013 Member of the Year
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 09:08:26 AM »
I think the new format definitely encourages more interaction between new & experienced players and the day flows better. However as the new players are essentially being thrown in the deep end, I think it is important that those experienced players bringing new people along make sure that they have put the effort in to ensuring they fully understand the rules BEFORE attending and dont just rely on the DS brief to do this.

I concur.

Chur
Josh

Offline Fang

• Wolves Team 2IC
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 10:12:26 AM »

I concur.

Chur
Josh

In my humble opinion, quite a few first-time players face utter and bitter disappointment from the realisation that they are not John Rambo. All previous instructions given to them by the DS and their friends are disregarded and they switch on "trigger happy immortal mode". Minimum engagement distances are not observed, hits are not called and game rules get mixed up. So no matter how much effort is put into pre-game briefs, the end result will be down to the personality of the inductee. All the experienced players can do is show some condescension and keep in mind that we were all new players once.

Offline rvp69

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 11:38:33 AM »
I like the new format purely for the kill count :p its like going too WAR :)

Offline Offcutter

• Bravo Gunner
  • 2013 Member of the Year
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 04:42:43 PM »
Good point Benya.